top of page

As It Turns Out, You Actually CAN Sing.

Are you secretly dreaming of belting out melodies on the stage of a Broadway musical? Or perhaps you find yourself singing in the shower but doubt your ability to carry a tune? Let's explore the fascinating world of singing in musicals, uncover your hidden musical talent, and understand that singing prowess is within everyone's reach.

Even if you think you can't sing, that doesn't mean you don't possess any musical talent. A researcher at the Royal Conservatory of Music in Toronto has studied the subject of innate musical talent and says the vast majority of people can learn to sing if they undergo the proper training and, you know, practice!

Singing in musicals is not just about hitting the right notes; it's about emoting through your voice, connecting with the audience, and telling a story with each lyric. With dedication and guidance, you can nurture your singing capabilities and develop a stage-worthy performance. Dive into vocal lessons, workshops, or join a local choir ( or musical theater group like us!) to hone your musical skills and boost your confidence on the stage.

Musical talent is not a fixed trait, but a skill that can be cultivated and refined over time. The journey of musical self-discovery is as important as the destination. Take small steps each month to improve your vocal range, control, and expression.

We’re all actually far more musical than we think

Around 2% of the population have a pitch perception deficit which impairs their ability to detect the fine differences between musical notes, but the remaining 98% of us are all pretty similar in our ability to perceive music and judge whether it’s in or out of tune.

Vocal ability largely comes down to largely comes down to being able to control the pitch of the sound and the main reason why some people appear to be poor singers comes down to lacking the right motor control.

Your stage awaits—sing your heart out and let your power shine!


bottom of page